If it helps, my objections are:
- On the basis that this scheme will increase traffic volumes and therefore be in breach of the Climate Change Act 2008 and the government’s commitments for the UK to net a net zero greenhouse gas emitter by 2050. The recent ruling on Heathrow is precedent for this.
- The aims of the scheme state: “improve journey times”. There is clear evidence of improved journey times equating to an increase in traffic.
- The aims of the scheme state: “support economic growth”. There has been no substantive decoupling of economic growth with CO2 and other greenhouse gas emissions.
- The impact on surrounding villages.
- Stockbury will be negatively affected by the changes and will be effectively isolated.
- The AONB: The proposed garden village on the A249 that would be supported by the scheme is in an AONB.
Objections can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9 March 2020