- a large stall at the Mela each year
- a picnic with 600 junior school children
- various stalls around the town
- a couple of speeches at the anual PeaceOne Day concert
- a couple of disasterous chocolate fountains (they don't like the wind)
- badgering evey shop in Maidstone
- badgering every school and church in Maidstone
- and much more
"It's my great pleasure to confirm that Maidstone's application for Fairtrade Borough status has been successful! Well done. Our feedback on the application is attached.
"It has been an absolute pleasure to learn of all that's been going on in Maidstone and wonderful to see all that has been achieved since an application for Fairtrade status was first submitted last year. The panel were very impressed by the huge amount of work and dedication put in by steering group members and please do pass on our thanks to everyone involved for all their hard work and commitment."